CD & DVD Manufacturing - Specifications
DEADLINES & RUSH JOBS
Barcodes / UPCs
Disc Face Art Specifications
File Setup Guidelines
File Submisson / FTP
The full balance is due before order is processed and placed with our manufacturers.
• Certified cheque made out to: Emerging Design & Photography
• Personal / Business cheque (May cause delays since we must verify that funds have cleared)
• Cash (In person only)
We ask that all artwork files & masters are submitted to us AT LEAST 4 WEEKS IN ADVANCE (20 Business Days) of the date you want the product in your hands. If you have a deadline for your project, please let us know in advance!
• Order Processing & Pre-press: Approx 3 business days.
• Artwork Production: 7-10 business days.
• CD / DVD Production: 7-10 business days.
• Artwork: Must order minimum of 1000. Artwork orders must be in multiples of 1000.
• CDs/DVDs: Must order minimum of 500. Orders must be in multiples of 500.
• Short Run of CD-R’s: Must order minimum 50. Orders must be in multiples of 50.
If you require your order in less than 20 business days, rush charges may apply. Please inform us of your deadline BEFORE your order is placed. For us to determine if we can accommodate your rush/deadline request we need to know the date you need to have the order in your hands.
A UPC (Universal Product Code) number may be purchased for $35 (+tax) if required.
We will add the barcode graphic to your artwork for you at no additional charge if you like. Please make sure to leave a space for it on your artwork.
• Files must adhere to these specifications. If they don’t, you will be charged for our time to adjust them!
• To ensure fast processing files should be set up/saved & named according to our File Setup Guidelines.
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, or QuarkXPress files are the preferred application for final page layout documents. If you don’t have these then we will accept Press-ready PDF’s. Please save Quark files for compatibility with version 6.5, Illustrator & InDesign files for version CS3.
2. Vector Files
Vector files should be created with Adobe Illustrator and saved as an “EPS”. All fonts used should be converted to outlines/paths. Please save Illustrator files for compatibility with version CS3.
3. Bitmap Images
Bitmap images should be saved as a “TIF”, “EPS”, or “DCS” depending on file specifications. The resolution of the images should be a minimum of 300 dpi (line art at least 600 dpi) and should be in CMYK mode for 4/C process and grayscale for B/W. (RGB colour modes & JPGs are for the web!)
All colours should be designated as process (CMYK), grayscale, or spot according to the desired colour composition. Separate plates will be created for PMS/Spot colors - please be aware that this costs extra!
Files requiring conversions will also be subject to extra charges and we will not be responsible for unexpected colour shifts.
Add bleeds on all documents where needed (standard bleed size 1/8 of an inch).
Set files up in Printer’s Spreads
Our Cd Face Template must be used for layout of the disc face. Download file HERE.
1. Disc art must be setup for Silkscreen Printing using PMS/Spot colours (from Pantone Solid Coated palette only). If using bitmap images, please note that the disc will become a 5 colour job since a white base coat will be needed.
1. Organize your job into a single folder. Please name the folder as follows:
Artist ( Album - Catalog# )
This naming convention [ Artist’s name, space, parentheses, space, Album Title, dash, Catalog #, space, close parentheses ] allows software searchers and browsers to locate files easily.
2. Within that job folder, create two separate folders:
CD Face Artwork
3. Within each of those folders, breakdown the project into the following specific folders:
a) Read Me [ a must, especially with special instructions or inks ]
b) Proofs [ a complete digital preview of the project, PDF or JPG is best ]
c) Layouts [ all QuarkXPress, Adobe InDesign, or Adobe Illustrator mechanicals ]
d) Images [ all linked images including files in CMYK, TIFF, EPS, etc]
f) Resources [ all fonts, layered files, and raw text files ]
You can submit your files the following ways:
By Mail or in person: On a cd/dvd along with proofs & your audio master and IPR form.
Emerging Design & Photography
1009 - 345 Merton St.